Prom is one of the most amazing times in a young girl’s life. There are photo opportunities around every corner, and all of the girls make a lot of effort to look gorgeous. In this ultimate guide to prom, we’ll talk dresses, makeup, hair, and more!
The prom dress is probably the thing that girls get the most excited about. It isn’t hard to see why! There are so many different colors and styles, trying them on can be amazing. When it comes to the style of the dress, try to pick one that you feel suits your body shape and style. For instance, if you have great legs, you could show them off with a midi/mini prom dress rather than a full length dress. However, if you want to look like a princess, you’ll want a full length gown!
The color of your dress is just as important as the style. If a color seems to be popular with the girls you know, perhaps try to pick a totally different color. I find the most popular colors are usually pink and red. Pick a color that makes your eyes, hair and skin look amazing!
Prom makeup calls for something a bit special. If you usually wear makeup, you’ll want to venture away from the norm and try something new. Here are some tips that I love for prom:
- Always start with a fresh, clean base by using a quality foundation and primer.
- Use colored concealer underneath to hide perfections such as blemishes and under eye circles.
- Try a new lipstick color that you love.
- Go easy on the eye makeup if going bold with lipstick. If wearing a simple lipstick, you can afford to play up your eyes a bit more. Decide which feature you like best and decide that way.
- You can’t go wrong with a smoky eye! Try it in browns and beiges for a look that suits everybody.
- Don’t forget to use highlighter and bronzer to sculpt the face and create a glow.
- False tan, even a light layer, will give your skin a healthy glow.
- Natural looking false lashes will open the eyes!
A girl’s hair is her crowning glory, so for prom it needs to be perfect. I suggest going to a professional hairdresser for this! However, have a practice run beforehand to make sure that you like the style. Gather together lots of pictures so the hairdresser knows exactly what you want. Half up half down styles suit everybody and look fancy! However, it depends on the look you’re trying to create.
There’s only one way to travel to prom; in luxury! You can find a prom limo in NJ here, for instance. If you gather together all of your friends then the travel won’t cost you much at all.
Prom photos will help you to remember this amazing day. Practice your best poses with your best side to make sure you look gorgeous every time. Just make sure your poses aren’t too ‘fake’ looking. Oh, and please: no pouting.
Have the best night of your life!