If you are often traveling because of work, business reasons or even for a vacation, you have to learn about the credit card tricks to make the most out of flying frequently. Probably everyone has heard about the miles or points that you get whenever you travel, but there are actually more ways for you to stretch your credit card to save more money.
Here are some credit card tricks for you to learn:-
- If you often travel or take trips outside the U.S. borders, it is best to get cards that don’t have international or foreign transaction fees because it adds 3 percent more to the price of a purchase that was made overseas. However, it is still better to use any card as it will give you a better exchange rate than getting some cash from a U.S. bank before you leave or get some money exchange as soon as you arrive in your destination.
- If you are often overseas, you have to know that using a credit card to get cash from an ATM is not a wise decision. Cash advance interest rates in ATM machines are very high and they start immediately as soon as you get your hands on the money. There will be no grace period for you and you have to pay for the other fees that will go along with it.
- You can get a better exchange rate if you have transactions processed in the local currency instead of going for dollars, Visa and MasterCard’s exchange. If however, a cashier performs a currency conversion before they process your payments, you will no longer have access to the exchange rate and the merchant will end up using a rate that is similar to the cash-exchanging kiosks around.
- Cards nowadays are offering a lot of discounts in restaurants, stores, malls, concert tickets, park tickets etc. It is still best to do some research to help you avail of their cheap offers. Also, consumers may check their credit cards for those offers. It will help them save money and they will sometimes earn points for their credit card as well.
- Discount programs do in fact help you save money as well as earn points for your miles faster than its regular pace. Credit card rewards not only help you justify your purchases. If for example you are thinking about going for a vacation, you can make use of these rewards on which you are eligible for. Just don’t forget to check your card’s online shopping portal to make sure you get in store rewards or bonuses that you can use for your next trip or vacation.
- For those people who don’t travel that much, there are still cards out there that you can make use of that you don’t know about. There are a lot of hidden benefits in most cards, especially the affiliated or generic travel ones; it is because it eliminates fees for checking bags, ordering food or for watching in flight movies.
Knowing these credit card money saving tips will help cut down on your costs. Don’t forget to check credit report regularly so that you can keep track of all of your expenses easily and to make it easier for you to apply for credit card offers. Let these tips help you out and make sure you give it a try to be able to experience the money saving tips that your credit cards can do for you.
Joy Mali is an active blogger who shares extremely interesting finance management tips over the web that encourages people to manage their personal finances and check credit scores regularly.